Sunday, October 18, 2009

Journey to the corporate life

College Interview 14 feb 2009...
Venue : National Institute Of Technology,Warangal

I was waiting for my turn for interview fully tensed after going through the stringent selection procedure of written test and GD....A damn "DO or DIE" situation for me... Around half an hour left for my turn... my heart was pumping rigorously, knees were shaking hard guess what, place a glass full of curd over it, you can have easily have instant LASSI. I was literally frustrated waiting for long and getting rejected in some... More so when some of ur close friends are placed and u r left behind...

Moreover adding to my misery, it was a valentine day... everyone were out there enjoying their dates with their girls and here i was having a date with the company ... believe me it sucks man...

The 3rd candidate has come out... I was fifth... I was asking everyone what are they asking about in the interview... All of them had a common question "what constructive thing did u do in your 4yrs coll life??"

I was lost in that question... "Did i do anything constructive in these 4yrs"... except studies i did everything especially food stuff .. almost covered the whole of Warangal and Hyderabad restaurants... tried everything even if its bizarre ... accompanying me in my whole crime scene throughout was Gururaj (now in US)... epecially if there was a buffet system ,we used to starve ourselves the whole day and hog like pigs in the evening like we have never seen food in our whole lives...fully utilising whatever we have spent..actually more than that... finally there was a time when restaurants used to have a buffet system but was not applicable to us( actually lil exaggerated)...

My turn for the interview came....
Went in and greeted with a firm handshake( the only thing learnt from my profs that it shows your confidence level)... But his was a knuckle crunching one... (ouch... i guess that's why people used to say to have a great body man... now i understand...) but i don't mind as long as they gimme a job in their company...

Interviewer : " Tell us about yourselves?"
Typical question asked by any interviewer..
Me : Sir, I am G.S.Narsimha Murthy, Metallurgical & Materials Engg....
Did my schooling from so and so... then came straight away to a point to impress them about my leadership and team building activities citing examples which was very much exaggerated as usual done by any individuals to get a job by hook or by crook...believe me...

Interviewer: "tell us about your hobbies?"

After hearing this i was in my own thoughts... do i have a particular hobby?? ohh yeah i do ...

Books(kinda allergic), playing T.T(lost to an 8th standard student) ,Lawn Tennis(hit a sixer in that),Listening Music(all dogs bark the same), Photography(though haven't taken any pic), Playing Guitar(stopped after breaking the strings of my friends guitar after playing for the first time whose price i am still paying him in EMI's..)
No No way... i am not gonna say that...

Me : I told the answer which is mostly expected by the interview and which impresses them... something constructive... there i score a point....

Then for almost half an hour they went on with the technical stuff which i am not gonna write here and evade u from reading my blog....

Finally at the end of the interview they asked me something which puzzled me.

Interviewer : So finally Murthy.. do u have a girl friend( as today was a valentine day)?

I was in my thoughts... yup I do... no wait..was she my girlfriend?.We dated for over a sem I guess... certainly it was more than friendship but I guess less than love... don't know what was that... Perhaps if I would have put a serious effort we would have been a couple... wow.. me with one of the most beautiful girls of the campus. Anyways never mind,she deserved a far better guy than me(and she got it).

Me : coming out of my dreams,gave a typical answer.
With a smile on my face ... No Sir. I don't... trying to become as innocent as possible.
Interviewer : why?

Me : (faking at its peak) basically I am lil shy sir with girls... from childhood I was totally into boys stuff... gaming always... so never thought or saw any girl with those feelings.(Weird reason)( oh my God!!!I have become a glib liar)

I am sure they did figure out that I was lying... never underestimate your interviewer.. they have also been through this stage...

My interview was finally over.... came out in relief...

The results came out at 6 in the evening... I was one of the candidates who was selected in the company... i was very happy... my date with company was successful... now i also have a girlfriend(the Company)..:)

ohh By The Way,I forgot to mention my company name isn't it. I have got my dream company which deals with oil and gas which i always used to dream of, not because of the field but because the amount of money involved in it.
I called up my parents to feel the shimmer in their eyes which I wanted to see for a long long time but never got a chance...

This day is the most memorable day of my life... will never forget....

That night we had a boozing party and i for the first time in my life drank properly and was totally drunk only to wake up next morning finding myself lying on the floor of my hostel terrace along with others....

thank you everyone.
Will soon catch u all up in my next post...

21 comments:

  1. 1 of the best starts i have ever seen..loved it n esp the flow of writing.seems to have good mix of humor n sense.waiting fr more frm ur side

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey buddy.. nice memoirs you got there.. I really miss the food man.. btw coming to the girl part.. which was that?? because you were hitting on a lot of girls..i then stopped keeping count though..I kinda have a hunch on who it may be but i am not sure.. so if you dont feel like putting that lucky girl's name here.. email it to me.. lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats buddy...well i hv also faced such beautiful incidents and still waiting for a gf...lolz

    himanshu
    http://amazing-n-weirdworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Murthyyyyy!!

    P.S. Murthy_thehandsome(?)....classic

    ReplyDelete
  5. gr8 yar..never knew u cud write so well..so do send me ur new number..m as ususal in college..studying..waiting for my own success story like you..keep writing such stuff..u r too gud man..he he..and keep in touch..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gud job man...i've never thought u could write this much gud... one cant keep his track out of this..it has gt a gud flow..keep gng macha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome dude!
    Great narrative style of writing... simple, smart sense of humor i love the way u flow away into thoughts with each question asked and tell us a lil' more of something else without deviating too much from the story...
    Keep posting...!
    Cheers mate! \m/

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was a great start dude..fresh writing..bored of the typical blogs people write..so this was refreshing :) ..u got the right blend of humour and emotions..the punches hit the bull's eye..nice work buddy!! continue writing..coz mostly i have seen people start it off nicely but find it tough to maintain their blogs..looking forward to more funny blogs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey man didnt know u can write so well...u posted it at d write time...coz m leavin 4 d colg 2mrw...n then no mor surfin..
    so..dis was ur hidden talent...huh..continue writin...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! You got what you wanted :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey....really nice man!!! pretty insightful. made it pretty humorous too!!!!! BTW, who is this new girl in your life????? and how come I am unaware of this ????
    Keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Murthy at his best...hillarious as always...keep going...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really nice...actually it took me back to my college days...made me nostalgic....and it was fun to read too! U've gt a good sense of humor...will come back again to read more of your story...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Frankly telling murthy i thought of critisizing your blog in all the possible ways BUT, after reading it i'm literally amazed.. Framed and written so well. a very simple and lucid way of writing. keep on writing.. may be i'll get lucky next time..

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey its awsome....seroiusly strange 2 see such type of habit of urs!!!!
    gr8...continue wid d wonderful skill....
    gud luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm..

    I see the next Chetan Bhagat in u buddy...


    Great peice of work..

    keep it up..

    All the Best...

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey finally i read ur blog by keeping reminder n all in my phone.. but u proved that its worth to ve a reminder to read ur blog.. such a nice one it s.. but too much of lies. ve u ever felt shy to speak with girls?????
    but superb blog.. i love it....
    keep rocking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you people for such a response... i am really overwhelmed..
    looking forward to post more posts lik e this.. hope u all will like it... Thanx once again...

    ReplyDelete
  19. @keerthana
    Hey i have already mentioned that i was faking in front of the panel... was tellin lies only to them...

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi nice one. such incidents happen in life and leave an impression.
    i would like to invite you to my blog
    http://www.reservationfacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I liked your writings it is very casual. I am also going to attend interview on next month, feeling afraid.
    Once again all the best in corporate life.
    I was wondering why the blog name "sixes N seven?"

    ReplyDelete