Saturday, October 31, 2009

My 1st Flight Experience (actually 3rd)

Venue : My Uncle's House, New Delhi

Oh My God, its 8.30A.M and my Flight to Chennai is at 10A.M and it takes around 1Hr minimum to reach airport.
Me : Mamaji how are we gonna make it ? It's very late...

Mamaji : Tension nahi leneka... Main Hoon Na... Why have a fear when I am here!! We will Reach there by 9.30. Don't Worry.

Oh, God finally, reached Airport alive :)... Mamaji drove across so fast that even John Abraham would have felt ashamed of himself driving so slowly in 'DHOOM'. Definitely, John would have thought of taking driving classes from him.

What was he thinking ? He was Driving as if he is the Godfather of Michael Schumacher


This reminded me of Trinity carrying the Key Maker on her bike and wading through the traffic in Matrix. Certainly now I could empathize his feelings.


The only thing i was doing was Chanting all the God's Names present in this world so that at-least one would save me :)

He dropped me and left. I was little tensed and nervous as I was traveling by flight after a long long time. I remember last time I boarded a flight was in my 8th Standard from Bombay(Oops, its MUM+BAI now) to Baroda .

Adding my nervousness is that I forgot my Mobile in my Mama's house. Again trouble.

Went in. I went near the counter and stood in the queue. Then, I suddenly remembered that i have to have my luggage scanned . Scanned my luggage and came back to the counter.. It was almost 9.45.

Two People ahead of me. Time was running out.
To my horror, my name was being announced . It made me more tensed. I Took my ticket by 9.50.

Still have two more security checks to go as I have a lap-top with me.
I was literally running around the whole of airport. People there must have by now recognized that I was the one whose name was being announced.

I passed my last security check and there was a final announcement for me.
I literally ran towards the gate to catch the bus. There was a bus specially for me to take me to the flight. I was feeling good. Special bus service for me. Trust me it feels good in fact great.

Alas, I came near the plane to board. I guess I was the last person to board and the feeling that the whole plane was waiting for me was putting me on cloud 9(don't know how many layers of cloud are there but still).

The moment I went in the plane all the passengers were looking at me as if I was an Alien-have come from different planet or as if I am a notorious criminal. I went in to find my seat and to my astonishment I got a seat between two beautiful ladies(6-7yrs elder to me I guess but its OK)

Wow, I couldn't have asked for more. All the hurdles which I have faced in the airport is worth it. It was like a dream come true.

I love you God... I love you very very much..

To my right was from Texas,US who came to India on business trip and to my left was from Chennai only.

Oh, I forgot to mention about the air-hostesses. Guys believe me they were pretty beautiful. I was feeling as if I was in Heaven surrounded by beautiful ladies.

I was in my own dreamland. The Texas lady and myself took the place of Shahrukh and Kajol and started singing a romantic song " Tujhe Dekha to ye jana sanam..." from 'Dilwale Dulhaniya le Jaayenge' and the beautiful air hostesses at the backround...

Then, suddenly coming out of my dreamland I asked her name and why was she in India?

She told her name and told me about her business trip.

Then what, BINGO.. our chat started. She asked me about my whereabouts.

Suddenly during the chat, our flight took a turn and I got frightened. I just held her hand and our eyes met.

I fell deeeeeeep into her eyes and started singing "Kuch Kuch Hota Hain" suddenly realising that I was day dreaming.

Then, she told me about her husband and her daughter(there goes my heart into the water,ruining my dreams).

Then, I maintained distance and we chatted the whole journey and Felt amazing.

I have become International now.

Finally our destination arrived. She took my e-mail Id and hugged me ( Again a song at the background). :)

I bid her adieu and took a Taxi and went to my Guest House.

This was the most memorable journey of my life I guess till date.

The next day was my joining date in the company. So took rest the whole day.

16 comments:

  1. Nice post dude...The way you have narrated a simple incident in a interesting manner is great...u seem to enjoy every thing in ur life..Well thats the attitude..

    Keep goin...cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! good stuff :D
    polish ur sentences a lil' bit and trust me, with the descriptive style of narration interspersed with wit u could be writing articles officially!! True... i feel i could actually write a review of this but it'll turn out to be bigger than the post itself :P

    Keep rockin' man... \m/ \m/ \m/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it going bro!
    Raw wit..sharpen it up a li'l bit..n u'll brew a yummy concoction.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was this a real experience?
    Anyways, it was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ vishnu
    Thanx man...

    @prasenjit and Mir
    Thanx for your honest opinions... yeah surely i will try to improvise upon my writing... keep visiting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nethra..
    Actually the incident was real. everyhting written is real except that I have added a lil spice to it to make it more interesting to read...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. atleast 1 god save me..was the best part i guess.lucky to have such a sizzling background.loved this post as i alwayz do..carry on dear..looking forward abt ur offcie life.by the way u can thnk of professional writing..fresh n crisp

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! it's nice yaar. I ve already heard this story from u in our training room.But still its quite impressive by the way u narrated it..
    Nice blog... Keep on rocking!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Vineet , Pratik and keerthana .... keep visiting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. extremely funny dude..hope the ;ady remembers u..:) good one..keep 'em coming..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ajab Murthy ki Gazab kahani...let it be known to anyone who's reading this blog--many more to come

    ReplyDelete
  13. gr888!!!! i guess dis 1 is d best till now!!!keep rockin d same manner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice post man.. but idiot were you so late for the flight?..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nicely written.... ur way of expressing events is good...
    Hats off to your superman MAMAji

    ReplyDelete